Solution-focused Brief therapy
For Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Burnout, Trauma, Emotional & Relationship issues and other mental health conditions. See the blog articles for advice and guidance on these.
The premise of Brief therapy is that clients already have the resources, possibilities and solutions available to overcome their mental health issues, as well as the related life events that triggered those issues.
The Solution-focused therapist works with the client on formulating an evidence-based goal on which success in therapy can be measured. Then going on to create the changes that will make success a reality.
- Changes in interpretation and thinking
- Changes in action and behaviour
- Changes to the environment
- Changes in communication to others
- Changes in emotional management
- Changes in habits and adaptation
- Changes in physical state (e.g. from agitated to relaxed)
- Changes in applied resilience
Read more about Brief therapy here.
Read more about Solution-focus here.
Read more about Cognitive-behavioural therapy here.
I currently offer appointments in:
- Kintbury (Near Hungerford)
- Online therapy (worldwide)
I work with anxiety, depression, stress, trauma; alcohol, drug & gambling fixations; anger and other emotional problems; relationship and confidence issues, and many other difficulties besides.
Email me if you have a different problem you would like to ask me about.
Due to the fact that I don’t spend much time exploring the past, or dwelling on theories about my clients’ misfortunes my work tends to be brief. 4 or 5 sessions is common although, naturally, some people need longer than that.
My focus and my approach varies with the problem and with the client and I never work the same way twice. See the articles in the Blog section to find out more about my techniques. Four key things to know about my general approach are these:
1. Psychotherapy with me is collaborative. Meaning that both you and I will work together to achieve your goals. I will lend you my experience and knowledge; you will give me your open-minded commitment. Together we will create a dialogue rather than a monologue.
2. I will be intensely interested in you as a person and I want to get to know you at the deepest level you can go to as soon as I can. This may be unsettling for some.
3. I work on all levels – conscious mind, sub-conscious, body, emotions, actions, brain and behavior. I work intensely and thoroughly because I want the changes we work on to be permanent.
4. I will ask you to do some assignments between sessions and practice the techniques I show you. Completing them ensures progress.
If you want to know more about my approach to specific problems, or my ideas then go to the Blog page here.
If you’d like to make an appointment with me – face-to-face or online appointments are available – then click here.