These lessons are borrowed from Regina Brett, who wrote them when she turned 50 three years ago. Thanks to Lindsey Jones for sending this to me.
1. Life isn't fair but it's still good.
2. When in doubt just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
6. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
7. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
8. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
9. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
10. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
11. Don't take for granted what you have got – or you may lose it.
12. Everything can change in the blink of an eye.
13. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
14. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
15. Whatever does not kill you makes you stronger.
16. It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
17. When someone breaks your heart quickly bestow your love on others.
18. Over-prepare, then go with the flow.
19. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
20. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
21. Forgive everyone.
22. What other people think of you is none of your business.
23. Time heals almost everything.
24. However good or bad your situation is, it will change.
25. Don't take yourself seriously. No one else does.
26. Don't audit your life. Make the most of it now.
27. All that truly matters in the end is love.
28. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting to happen.
29. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
30. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.